Metal Roofs for Charleston Area Homeowners
Repair & Replacement in Charleston, Dorchester & Berkeley Counties
As the popularity of metal roofing grows, it’s becoming increasingly common on residential properties in Charleston. Not only is metal durable and able to provide unsurpassed protection in stormy weather, but it’s also aesthetically pleasing and easy to maintain.
At Charleston Roofing and Exteriors, we are proud to be metal roofing experts with access to some of the highest-quality products from today’s best manufacturers. If you think a metal roof could be right for your Charleston home, we’ll go over all your options to help you make the right decision.
Please contact Charleston Roofing and Exteriors to learn more about installing, repairing, or inspecting your metal roof.
Benefits of Metal Roofing
If you currently have an asphalt shingle roof, you may be wondering if upgrading to metal could be beneficial. Consider the benefits of metal roofing to help you decide:
- Durability and strength: Nothing is better suited to withstand hurricanes than a metal roof. Our products resist hail damage and can survive winds up to 160 miles per hour!
- Beautiful aesthetics: Several design, color, and material options make it easy to customize the look of your metal roof. Whether you want a decidedly modern appearance or something more traditional, you can achieve any aesthetic with metal.
- Low maintenance: Since a metal roof won’t fade, chip, chalk, crack, or rot, there’s little you must do to keep it looking great. Proper installation also helps prevent rusting.
- Lifetime protection: If installed correctly by an experienced roofer in Charleston, a metal roof can last a lifetime.
- Energy efficiency: Metal may conduct heat, but it also reflects radiant energy from the sun. With the right underlayment and ventilation system, you can expect your attic to stay cooler for lower energy bills in the summer.
- Increased home value: If you decide to sell your home, the metal roof is sure to be a big selling point. It may even allow you to increase the asking price since prospective buyers know a metal roof can last 50 years or more.
- Safety: Metal roofs are fire resistant and can’t be infested by insects or rodents. They also don’t increase your home’s chance of being struck by lightning, a common worry for people considering metal roofs. In fact, if your home is struck, the metal roof will dissipate the charge, leaving you safe and sound.
Metal Roofing Products
When many people think of metal roofs, they picture corrugated steel on old barns. While corrugated metal is one option, it’s certainly not the only one! Choose from copper, stainless steel, and zinc in many styles, including sheets, shakes, tiles, shingles, slate, standing seam, and corrugated. You may choose to have concealed fasteners, or you can leave them exposed for a more industrial look. We’ll help you make the best choice for your budget and aesthetic preferences.
Metal Roofing Services
Choose Charleston Roofing and Exteriors for the following services in the Charleston area:
- Metal roof replacement: The team of roofers at Charleston Roofing and Exteriors are licensed, trained, and experienced with replacing metal roofs. To give you complete confidence in our abilities, we offer a satisfaction guarantee!
- Metal roofing repairs: While metal roofs require fewer repairs than other roofing materials, the job should always be performed by a professional when needed. Let us inspect your roof for leaks and perform any required repairs.
- Metal roof storm damage inspection: Metal roofing is extremely durable in high winds and hail, but when damage does occur, we can make any necessary repairs. Let our A+ rated team handle the job!
To discuss your metal roofing needs with a reliable roofer in Charleston, please contact us at 843-203-5555.